This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3
- From: Tom Honermann <thonermann at coverity dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:07:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=thonermann at coverity dot com;
- References: <announce dot 20150218105937 dot GA28211 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87d255htw7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150220095617 dot GO26084 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 02/20/2015 04:56 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Lastly, running cygserver to cache the LDAP data has another side-effect
when using VPN. Since the cygserver is usually started before you've
dialed into the VPN, your username and some groups will get reported as
"DOM+User(12345)". You have to restart cygserver after the VPN is up to
Yep. We should contemplate to allow sending a signal to cygserver to
invalidate its cache.
Perhaps cygserver could subscribe to network event notifications and
automatically invalidate its cache?
> Somebody would have to code that. Sigh.
There's just no getting around that, is there? How are those code
writing AIs coming along anyway?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple