This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7
- From: "Dennis Hagarty (dehagart)" <dehagart at cisco dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 09:49:03 +0000
- Subject: RE: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3FEEC3A37A0B0A48AA326075128C32EE4DC9F0E8 at xmb-rcd-x01 dot cisco dot com> <87mw4nugdx dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <3FEEC3A37A0B0A48AA326075128C32EE4DC9F137 at xmb-rcd-x01 dot cisco dot com> <869208266 dot 20150210030528 at yandex dot ru> <3FEEC3A37A0B0A48AA326075128C32EE4EE263B8 at xmb-rcd-x01 dot cisco dot com> <20150218111515 dot GL8493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <3FEEC3A37A0B0A48AA326075128C32EE4EE26DE4 at xmb-rcd-x01 dot cisco dot com> <20150218125429 dot GN8493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
>>>Can you please try this test version without cygserver, and with
>>>the passwd and group settings in /etc/nsswitch.conf set to
>>> passwd: db
>>> group: db
>>> It would be very interesting to know if this improves the situation for you.
>> Just did it for 1.7.35-0.2 - I haven't seen 0.3 turn up at a mirror site yet.
>It's only just uploaded so it might take another while, depending
>on your mirrors. According to Roger's results in
>https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-02/msg00543.html, the real problem
>hadn't been fixed in the 0.2 test release, so you might give 0.3
BTW - I did try ADInsight, but it didn't show me anything (maybe because this is a 64 bit windows?)
Anyway, I ran it with 0.3 and nsswitch = db and the result is???
With nsswitch = files db it was 1.43-1.45 seconds.
With nsswitch = files it was 0.13-0.14 seconds
(It seems basically the same as 0.2)