This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:40:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87mw4nugdx dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <3FEEC3A37A0B0A48AA326075128C32EE4DC9F137 at xmb-rcd-x01 dot cisco dot com> <869208266 dot 20150210030528 at yandex dot ru> <20150212085431 dot GA10123 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <789353699 dot 20150213033430 at yandex dot ru> <20150213085530 dot GM7818 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <3265D3F2-EC0E-4E88-8214-00E91A01E1EC at etr-usa dot com> <52DCA3F2-E1AC-4CA1-884A-C252B63A1E6C at etr-usa dot com> <20150215093749 dot GH7225 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <7C18F2C6-3994-49F4-8235-97BFA6C84AAA at etr-usa dot com> <20150217211230 dot GA4340 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> On Feb 17, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Feb 17 11:57, Warren Young wrote:
>> I tried, but Iâve retired the last Windows machine I used to build
>> winsup previously, and I didnât want to rebuild the Cygwin build
>> environment on the VM that replaced it just to test the patch.
> You can build the entire Cygwin tree on Linux.
That misses the point. I didnât have a winsup build system in place, and didnât want to spend the 1-2 hours it would have taken to reestablish one.
I tried building the manuals on Mac OS X before sending that first patch, but my package manager of choice doesnât have dblatex yet.
I ended up rebuilding the environment on my Windows 10 test VM. So, this problem hopefully wonât recur, since this test VM is likely to be promoted to the final version of 10 when it comes out.
> I'm lazyâ
Yes, you are *such* a slug. :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple