This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 10:39:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: __mempcpy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DF053D dot 70805 at gmail dot com> <54DFC467 dot 60200 at gmail dot com> <54DFC4E9 dot 1010707 at gmail dot com> <54DFC977 dot 9040305 at gmail dot com> <20150215091819 dot GD7225 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2/15/2015 10:18 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 14 23:17, Marco Atzeri wrote:
you missed the point
__mempcpy is exported by cygwin lib at 32bit
but not at 64 bit.
For both the the two arch HAVE_MEMPCPY is defined.
The 32 bit variant exports lots of underscored versions of standard
POSIX functions for historical reasons. We didn't want to reproduce
this for the 64 bit version so the whole lot was restricted to the 32
bit export definition file. However, __mempcpy is a GNU symbol just as
the non-underscored variant. This has gone unnoticed when we created
the export definitions for 64 bit.
I fixed that in CVS.
Noted, I will add a workaround for the current build.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple