This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: make android device file system visible as unix path
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:23:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: make android device file system visible as unix path
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150214T031757-905 at post dot gmane dot org>
> On Feb 13, 2015, at 7:20 PM, andy <AndyMHancock@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Moto G connects to the laptop via USB, and can be seen using Windows
> Explorer. Is there a way to make it visible as a Unix path? /cygdrive does
> not show it.
Are you including the drive letter? If itâs the G: drive in Windows Explorer, you need to say something like âls /cygdrive/gâ, not âls /cygdriveâ.
If it isnât appearing as a drive letter in Windows, theyâre probably using some kind of Explorer shell extension, which would mean the device isnât visible through normal Windows mechanisms, hence not visible to Cygwin.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple