This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: directories needed to make Cygwin portable
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Garegin Asatryan <garegin16 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:52:14 +0300
- Subject: Re: directories needed to make Cygwin portable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMBcxVQZqxwe1Tz9wN6YiFK7L=qP1wNedFymvkuLGK+dszFGJg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Garegin Asatryan!
> I want to run Cygwin (to run ddrescue, among other things) on WinPE.
> Which folders do I need from the Cygwin installation copied over.
> Someone mentioned just the cygwin1.dll, but apparently that's not
> enough. I tried the bin folder and ddrescue didn't throw any errors,
> off the bat. What about the dev, etc, home, and lib folders. Do I need
> them too?
Why not use Linux LiveCD?
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 12.02.2015, <22:51>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple