This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /dev/tty does not work from shell
- From: Helmut Karlowski <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:49:42 +0100
- Subject: Re: /dev/tty does not work from shell
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <op dot xtu7kmpoofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de> <20150211084042 dot GD7818 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen :
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:40:42 +0100
> On Feb 10 23:30, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> > Am 10.02.2015, 21:43 Uhr, schrieb Helmut Karlowski:
> > >Am 10.02.2015, 21:33 Uhr, schrieb Helmut Karlowski:
> > >
> > >>Works. The inodes from stat still differ, all seems right (to me).
> > Unfortunately I get with the snapshot reproducibly:
> > 125018 [main] dksh 2348 fork: child -1 - forked process 548 died
> > unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0xC0000005, errno 11
> > Don't know why, maybe a bug on my side, but it does not happen with the
> > latest release.
> What did you do at the time?
Later I noticed that any program that was not started from /bin but
from that directory failes to fork, looks like it can't find the
cygwin1.dll or it's own binarty in this case.
Doesn't matter what you do exactly. getfacl-output is the same for
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple