This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo dot graziosi at alice dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:36:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Emacs and last libpng release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DA37E4 dot 1060706 at alice dot it>
Il 10/02/2015 17:55, Angelo Graziosi ha scritto:
Ken Brown wrote:
I think the better way is for all libraries that rely on libpng15 to
rebuild for libpng16.
Does this mean that there is some library which, after being rebuilt,
will allow Emacs to be build OB, linking to libpng16, without the need
to install libpng15?
Maybe I have understood.. it seems an issue similar to that I flagged
The build log shows:
Does Emacs use a png library? yes -lpng16
and ldd :
$ ldd /usr/local/emacs/bin/emacs.exe | grep png
cygpng16-16.dll => /usr/bin/cygpng16-16.dll (0x3f6700000)
cygpng15-15.dll => /usr/bin/cygpng15-15.dll (0x3f6740000)
So, the "spurious" dependency could came from ImageMagick which still
depend on libpng15.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple