This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: slow startup after upgrade
- From: xian <xian at mailbox dot hu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 23:26:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: slow startup after upgrade
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANSY7SA+BuZX03nDHFyaFF5FCwu5yw6j32YzCH6AkRNJxRSDpg at mail dot gmail dot com>
Sorry for the double post, just noticed a very similar thread. I do
have domain account. What I did now to speed up startup:
created local db with mkpasswd and mkgroup
created nsswitch.conf allowing only files to be read.
Now everything back to normal.
I read the new DB method is better, but I can access the domain only
when I make a VPN connection to my company, so for me an offline
password file works better.
2015-02-09 22:58 GMT+01:00 xian <email@example.com>:
> Recently I updated my Cygwin packages and since then starting bash or
> mintty takes much longer then before.
> I tried with a fresh install too but with the same effect. I do have
> (corporate) antivirus but the old version still starts pretty quickly.
> How can I debug why do I have to wait long seconds for a prompt? I
> still have the old install restored from backup, so I can make
> comparisons if necessary.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple