This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mintty what $TERM setting should I use?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 01:22:02 +0300
- Subject: mintty what $TERM setting should I use?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
If I understand correctly, mintty is based on PuTTY code.
However, the PuTTY terminal capabilities are slightly different than of xterm,
and terminfo database have separate profiles for putty/-vt100/-256color.
My question is, what TERM should I use when advertising my caps to a remote
So far, I've had success with xterm-256color, I'm just wondering, if I should
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 06.02.2015, <01:17>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple