This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.34-6
- From: gjnospam2014-cygwinproblems at yahoo dot com
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 12:07:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.34-6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: gjnospam2014-cygwinproblems at yahoo dot com
This update appears to break the no-X emacs daemon. Specifically, the
process seems to hang, gettingas far as displaying
"Starting Emacs daemon." but not (visibly) further. If you start an
emacsclient from a different window, it is unable to find/connect to
the server. If you are trying to start the server using
$ emacsclient -t --alternate-editor=""
then it will just sit there.
Reverting to cygwin-1.7.33 "fixes" it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple