This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to determine if a shell is running as Administrator?
- From: GrahamC <grahamc001uk at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:05:28 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: how to determine if a shell is running as Administrator?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <slc6da9aq8g9e7h0aegafhfa86eahfd53p at 4ax dot com>
- Reply-to: GrahamC <grahamc001uk at yahoo dot co dot uk>
Andrew Schulman wrote:
> What's a reliable and efficient way to determine programmatically if the shell> that's running has elevated privileges?
> Or if you prefer, how can I tell if the shell was started with "Run as
If you search the mailing list archive for "Change PS1 when running as administrator" there are several suggested ways.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple