This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 09:54:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150203203556 dot GB14265 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <96760416 dot 20150204011335 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin writes:
> Regarding this change (and the underlying behavior).
> I see the key word is "full set of packages". Which makes little sense in case
> of upgrading from local archive. But it also makes very little sense, if
> upgrading from internet.
It is only done when you specify a local archive. I've never checked if
this still works, but at some time in the past it was possible to tell
setup to use a local archive without (or with an incomplete) setup.ini.
So it pretty much has to traverse all files in the local archive to know
what is there and what is not. Of course this is useless busy-work when
setup.ini is known to be accurate.
> What if it would only check packages when it is necessary? I.e.
> 1. Read installed packages list.
> 2. Compare to setup.ini, calculate upgrades.
Again, the original idea of this behaviour was that this information is
incomplete. The rest of what you describe is already there, plus you
can now tell setup via the -m/--mirror option that it should trust the
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple