This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: grep treating my text files as binary!
- From: zzapper <david at rayninfo dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 23:16:01 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: grep treating my text files as binary!
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <XnsA40D81CA1FAA8davidrayninfocouk at 80 dot 91 dot 229 dot 13> <549B4258 dot 5050509 at redhat dot com>
Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in
> You upgraded grep. This is an intentional change in behavior in the
> newest grep. Work around it by using 'grep -a' or 'LC_ALL=C grep'.
Thanks Eric, just surprised not to see more people bleating about this - it
resisted my Googling skills!
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple