This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
grep treating my text files as binary!
- From: zzapper <david at rayninfo dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:45:27 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: grep treating my text files as binary!
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Binary file /c/intranet/note/note.html matches
note.html: HTML document, Non-ISO extended-ASCII text, with CRLF line
I know I can iconv them but why is this suddenly happening I'm unaware of
changing any of my settings??
(behaves same with zsh & bash)
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple