RE: occasional failure to look up

> That's a bit of a problem for debugging.  Did you notice my mail
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00480.html, btw?

Just taking a step back...what are we trying to fix?  Once startup goes smoothly, your current AD code works fine for me.  The only problem I'm having is that sometimes start up fails....probably because it occurs too rapidly after reboot, and stuff on this old POS computer is running so slowly that something times out, causing cygserver to cache bad information.  I'll bet that something a lot simpler would solve this problem than coding to ignore certain group codes....either a delayed service start on my end, or perhaps some kind of TTL on a cached cygserver entry that originally timed out.

I will try to regenerate a failure and get you the requested strace from cygserver soon.