This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:27:55 +0300
- Subject: Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141110205216 dot GJ2782 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <8610462468 dot 20141111034508 at yandex dot ru> <m3rt2g$a4h$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!
> On 11/10/2014 4:45 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> I see literally zero reason to maintain separate, cygwin-specific "home"
> My reason to have a separate, cygwin-specific "home" directory is to
> have one that is shared between Cygwin and Linux.
I do that without creating cygwin-specific /home.
> Windows define home directories rarely are shared....
So do Linux...
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 11.11.2014, <09:26>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple