This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug/deficiency in zip: non-ascii chars in file names work, but fail in directory names
- From: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 22:13:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: bug/deficiency in zip: non-ascii chars in file names work, but fail in directory names
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1414818040 dot 70941 dot YahooMailNeo at web122101 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
Nuts, the non-ascii unicode file names that I was using displayed fine when I looked at them in my email program (even in plain text mode), but I see on the mailing list web page (https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-11/msg00001.html) that they display garbled there.
To recreate my tests, the unicode literal forms are:
1) the file name has \u3400\u4E01\u9FA6\uF900\uFA30 as its first 5 chars
2) the directory name is \u00E5\u00D8\u00E2\u00E9\u00F1
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple