This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: migrate a cygwin installation
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:02:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: migrate a cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m30gho$t2r$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
> What is the current recommended way to migrate a cygwin installation?
> my c: drive has gotten full to the brim.
> Tried to follow some older instructions online (~2009) but they do not seem
> to work anymore.
Just copy the root directory to a new drive and modify the /etc/fstab
to carefully replace c: with whatever the new drive letter is. Note
you may have added mounts where c: should not change.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple