This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:47:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLX=PuGT8N9G19W8ykN7H6zLa5D5psXc+SMmyZfogMg5CA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLVHrLZ53hxm-=zy=6zPjT1+KDpv60Jc3_-AbnV8vq-9ow at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A1F336 dot 3030509 at breisch dot org> <20140618210042 dot GB27055 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAAXzdLWmUveAeQ-MSN3wN=6URLCNeH_7F2XpwoEYSgQckA153Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <5453E47D dot 40308 at cornell dot edu> <5453E987 dot 2080102 at cygwin dot com>
On 10/31/2014 3:56 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2014-10-31 14:35, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/31/2014 12:59 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
Because of this dependency line
This issue is back again, now with
This is a side effect of the fact that I switched to cygport for
packaging when I took over as texinfo maintainer. cygport (correctly)
detected perl as a dependency because texinfo provides perl scripts. In
fact, the most important program in texinfo is /usr/bin/makeinfo, which
is a symlink to a perl script.
I'll wait for guidance from above before doing anything about this.
Fedora splits out texinfo into 3 packages:
1) texinfo: makeinfo, texi2any, pod2texi, /usr/share/texinfo,
2) info: info, infokey, install-info, /usr/share/info/info*
3) texinfo-tex: texindex, texi2dvi, texi2pdf, pdftexi2dvi,
In this setup, only 'info' would be required by _update-info-dir and should not
have any Perl dependencies. texinfo would be in 'Devel' and would have Perl
dependencies, while texinfo-tex would also have texlive dependencies.
Sounds good to me. I'll repackage within a few days. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple