This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:35:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLX=PuGT8N9G19W8ykN7H6zLa5D5psXc+SMmyZfogMg5CA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLVHrLZ53hxm-=zy=6zPjT1+KDpv60Jc3_-AbnV8vq-9ow at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A1F336 dot 3030509 at breisch dot org> <20140618210042 dot GB27055 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAAXzdLWmUveAeQ-MSN3wN=6URLCNeH_7F2XpwoEYSgQckA153Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/31/2014 12:59 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
Because of this dependency line
This issue is back again, now with
This is a side effect of the fact that I switched to cygport for packaging when
I took over as texinfo maintainer. cygport (correctly) detected perl as a
dependency because texinfo provides perl scripts. In fact, the most important
program in texinfo is /usr/bin/makeinfo, which is a symlink to a perl script.
I'll wait for guidance from above before doing anything about this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple