Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

>> ...if there is a way (to begin again to install default packages) without
>> starting over
>> from scratch I'd be interested in a pointer to any documentation on it.
>
> Since you've already downloaded the packages, you can just remove the
> installed directory (don't remove setupXXX.exe or mirror copies! Only the
> directory where you've it installed) and restart setup in "install from
> local directory" mode.
> That'd be the fastest way. You'll just have to re-run setup afterward to
> update installed components from internet.

Thank you for the advice.  I moved the installed directory (29 GB) aside and
restarted the
install, carefully avoiding changing any of the default settings, and this
time it finished in
a couple of minutes and the install directory is only 158 MB and I find a
cygwin terminal
and am able to do routine bash commands, so I presume that all is working.
So, why the
postinst scripts failed to run before, now becomes an academic matter for
me.

Thanks again for the help.
Don MacDougall