This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.4
- From: "Habermann, Dave (DA)" <DAHabermann at dow dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:11:06 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp dot mailfrom=DAHabermann at dow dot com;
- References: <announce dot 20141029120845 dot GY20607 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <C9D37D92E903B347A31B9CF82643BA2807303413 at 046-CH1MPN1-043 dot 046d dot mgd dot msft dot net> <20141029200158 dot GF20607 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Oct 29 19:06, Habermann, Dave (DA) wrote:
>> does NOT work, because my user ID is defaulting to U012345 (upper case
>> U). In this case, however, I can STILL log in if I enter my password.
>This has been discussed a few months back, but there was no majority
>for "always lower-case the Cygwin user name".
Must have missed that discussion, but I don't have any problem with it as
you've developed it, just was hoping to flag it to help others as they
make the transition.