This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.4
- From: "Habermann, Dave (DA)" <DAHabermann at dow dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 19:06:26 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is 220.127.116.11) smtp dot mailfrom=DAHabermann at dow dot com;
- References: <announce dot 20141029120845 dot GY20607 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Found one interesting observation today after switching to the new AD authentication. My ability to use password-less login via SSH suddenly went missing. Although I haven't fully resolved it yet (which I suspect may take regeneration/proliferation of keys), it would appear that I've been the victim of case sensitivity. In my old passwd file I had my user ID present in all lower case, but apparently in Active Directory my user ID is present as upper case. I am still able to make it log password-less using
does NOT work, because my user ID is defaulting to U012345 (upper case U). In this case, however, I can STILL log in if I enter my password.
I don't really think there is anything to correct here, but just wanted to point out the oddity in case anyone else suffers from a similar issue.