This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Don MacDougall <dmacdoug at usc dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:13:32 +0300
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OFA2E38712 dot 9EC3C033-ON80257A63 dot 0036C097-80257A63 dot 0037387A at LocalDomain> <1405864858950-109904 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <53CBFFD1 dot 4030808 at cornell dot edu> <1413844739487-112040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5445C04A dot 3000407 at cornell dot edu> <1413864414772-112047 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <54465853 dot 3040000 at cornell dot edu> <1414134682090-112141 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <24713230 dot 20141024153002 at yandex dot ru> <1414559159086-112282 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Don MacDougall!
>> This could happen, if you install too many packages on a 32-bit Cygwin, or
>> there's an interference in your system that break memory layout of
>> applications. (I.e. BLODA)
> I think you might be right and getting to the bottom of it looks looks like
> take a lot longer than I was counting on spending right now, so I think I'll
> have to suspend this till I have more time to spend on it.
> I didn't intend to install so many packages, and now that I have done so
> accidentally, I haven't found an easy way to go back to the default
> but if there is a way without starting over from scratch I'd be interested
> in a
> pointer to any documentation on it.
Since you've already downloaded the packages, you can just remove the
installed directory (don't remove setupXXX.exe or mirror copies! Only the
directory where you've it installed) and restart setup in "install from
local directory" mode.
That'd be the fastest way. You'll just have to re-run setup afterward to
update installed components from internet.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 29.10.2014, <15:10>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple