This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- From: Don MacDougall <dmacdoug at usc dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:05:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OFA2E38712 dot 9EC3C033-ON80257A63 dot 0036C097-80257A63 dot 0037387A at LocalDomain> <1405864858950-109904 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <53CBFFD1 dot 4030808 at cornell dot edu> <1413844739487-112040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5445C04A dot 3000407 at cornell dot edu> <1413864414772-112047 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <54465853 dot 3040000 at cornell dot edu> <1414134682090-112141 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <24713230 dot 20141024153002 at yandex dot ru>
> This could happen, if you install too many packages on a 32-bit Cygwin, or
> there's an interference in your system that break memory layout of
> applications. (I.e. BLODA)
I think you might be right and getting to the bottom of it looks looks like
take a lot longer than I was counting on spending right now, so I think I'll
have to suspend this till I have more time to spend on it.
I didn't intend to install so many packages, and now that I have done so
accidentally, I haven't found an easy way to go back to the default
but if there is a way without starting over from scratch I'd be interested
pointer to any documentation on it.
And your English seems near perfect to me. I wouldn't have known your
weren't a native speaker if you hadn't let on. Thanks for your help and
others who have helped also.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Setup-2-774-texlive-postinstall-takes-10-hours-resending-due-to-cygwin-bounce-tp92260p112282.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple