This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BUG: cygwin warning: barfs on domain-based-mboxes; env corrupted by login(-p disabled)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 04:21:28 +0300
- Subject: Re: BUG: cygwin warning: barfs on domain-based-mboxes; env corrupted by login(-p disabled)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <544F3313 dot 6050604 at tlinx dot org> <20141028110312 dot GH20607 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> On Oct 27 23:09, Linda Walsh wrote:
>> cygwin warning:
>> MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/spool/mail/Bliss/law
>> Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/spool/mail/Bliss/law
>> CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
>> Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
> The next Cygwin release will have CYGWIN=dosfilewarning set to OFF
> by default.
> If anybody thinks it's really worth to keep this option available
> and ON by default, please speak up.
I don't think it's worth the hassle. What little of the programs that is
unable to deal with native paths are printing obvious enough error messages to
convince the user that they should change their habits.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 29.10.2014, <4:19>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple