This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why does mkpasswd -c use a different offset? Corinna?
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:51:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Why does mkpasswd -c use a different offset? Corinna?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <f069d5205a8a3fe87d00afa81537a959 dot squirrel at webmail dot xs4all dot nl>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Houder wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> I am confused ... the output from mkpasswd -c is NOT the same as the output from mkpasswd -l -u <current user> on
> both my "Cygwin-32" and my "Cygwin-64".
Are you logged into a domain?
-c would give you the domain user in that case
-l would give you the local user
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple