This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- From: Keith Christian <keith1christian at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 21:11:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20141022092323 dot GH32374 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <14710326042 dot 20141024202019 at yandex dot ru> <CAFWoy7Gz24smNHe7Fr7juqiWT9xhjGPxF2fKeaEYmLmRZOZ8dg at mail dot gmail dot com> <544A92F0 dot 8030207 at redhat dot com>
Thank you, Eric. Will have to remember the semicolon to combine two
sed commands vs. trying to use "-e" which did not ever work properly
for me. I knew there must have been a better way to combine sed
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Eric Blake <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/24/2014 11:28 AM, Keith Christian wrote:
>> uname_r ()
>> uname -r | sed -e 's/[.(/\)]/_/g' | sed -e 's/\(.*\)\(_$\)/\1/'
> Or for one less fork and less typing:
> uname_r ()
> uname -r | sed 's/[.(/\)]/_/g; s/_$//'
> Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
> Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple