This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:57:00 -0600
- Subject: Re: Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1414155946 dot 62587 dot YahooMailNeo at web162803 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <1518233276 dot 20141024173715 at yandex dot ru>
On Oct 24, 2014, at 7:37 AM, Andrey Repin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> run.exe is designed to start Windows
> applications (or associations).
Are you confusing run.exe with cygstart.exe?
$ touch foo.txt
$ run foo.txt
run FATAL: Could not start C:\cygwin64\home\Warren\foo.txt
$ cygstart foo.txt # Notepad opens, as expected
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple