This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: John Wiersba <jrw32982 at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:37:15 +0400
- Subject: Re: Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1414155946 dot 62587 dot YahooMailNeo at web162803 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, John Wiersba!
> I would have thought cygwin1.dll contains the code necessary to do this,
> like the linux kernel does. Can it be added to the dll or does it have to
> be added to each executable individually, such as bash.exe, run.exe, etc.?
> bash$ /bin/run ./try
> run FATAL: Could not start D:\ftp\try
All right except the fact that run.exe is designed to start Windows
applications (or associations). It just doesn't try the cygwin magic on the
files it tries to start. I suggest /bin/env instead.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 24.10.2014, <17:35>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple