This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- From: John Wiersba <jrw32982 at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:05:46 -0700
- Subject: Why can't run.exe execute a shebang script directly?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: John Wiersba <jrw32982 at yahoo dot com>
I would have thought cygwin1.dll contains the code necessary to do this, like the linux kernel does. Can it be added to the dll or does it have to be added to each executable individually, such as bash.exe, run.exe, etc.?
bash$ /bin/run ./try
run FATAL: Could not start D:\ftp\try
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple