This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Tom Schutter <t dot schutter at comcast dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 01:52:49 +0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20141022092323 dot GH32374 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20141023030003 dot GB9370 at pixel dot schutter dot home>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Tom Schutter!
>> The major change in this new release is the new method to read account
>> (passwd and group) information from the Windows user databases directly,
>> without the requirement to generate /etc/passwd and /etc/group files to
>> generate Unix-like uid and gid.
> What do you think the performance implications of this change will be?
For me, it was a great improvement, except some rare (and largely unusual) cases.
And I didn't repeat the tests with latest incarnation of this feature.
You can check the mail archives for details.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 24.10.2014, <1:51>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple