This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: run.exe flashes non-hidden console window in cygwin64 on Win7Pro-64
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 22:52:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: run.exe flashes non-hidden console window in cygwin64 on Win7Pro-64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413488630 dot 82429 dot YahooMailNeo at web162806 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <544055FF dot 2030604 at cs dot umass dot edu> <1413517183 dot 86611 dot YahooMailNeo at web162801 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <1413517863 dot 36122 dot YahooMailNeo at web162806 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <54411638 dot 2000104 at cs dot umass dot edu> <1413910316 dot 59036 dot YahooMailNeo at web162803 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com> <CAJ1FpuNYaO1gxjy8b7Axu=RJtr95uCvFLTK=JDLZBdfjJ2zW6Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <1414095844 dot 70173 dot YahooMailNeo at web162803 dot mail dot bf1 dot yahoo dot com>
John Wiersba writes:
> Is this not a bug in run.exe?
No, if anything it's a bug in Windows. Look in the archives at the
beginning of 2009 where this was discussed. You can at least hide the
window after it exists now, but the option of starting it out of sight
has been removed with Windows 7 and not returned best I know.
> Run.exe documents a hidden console window, but it sounds
> like "flashing and then hidden console window, unless you externally minimize the window
> by minimizing the shortcut" would be a more accurate description. Perhaps there no
> (easy) way of run.exe doing this?
It does hide the console window at the earliest possible moment.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf rackAttack V1.04R1:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple