This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- From: Tom Schutter <t dot schutter at comcast dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:00:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20141022092323 dot GH32374 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Wed 2014-10-22 11:23, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> The major change in this new release is the new method to read account
> (passwd and group) information from the Windows user databases directly,
> without the requirement to generate /etc/passwd and /etc/group files to
> generate Unix-like uid and gid.
What do you think the performance implications of this change will be?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple