This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Tester for openblas needed
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:01:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: Tester for openblas needed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54450C0A dot 6050705 at gmail dot com> <BAY169-DS3454FE83B442F8A23182EBA7970 at phx dot gbl> <54451D4C dot 5080604 at gmail dot com> <BAY169-DS41999173A807A98C0210C7A7970 at phx dot gbl> <54458524 dot 8010603 at gmail dot com> <BAY169-DS201BCE4DCECE478E49F36BA7970 at phx dot gbl> <5445F384 dot 705 at gmail dot com> <544649E9 dot 80808 at gmail dot com> <BAY169-DS272E6BDE2E9632A71BB3CCA7940 at phx dot gbl>
On 10/21/2014 2:39 PM, Tony Kelman wrote:
So how many THREADS would you like to see ?
I think 8 would cover the majority of users, 16 at the most. I've seen
cases where openblas can try to use threads on small problems where it
shouldn't need to, so it would be good to check whether it's smart about
avoiding oversubscription if you run it without setting
I will prepare another package
Of course users who really want more threads can compile it themselves,
but it'll be convenient to have a fast blas easily hooked into Cygwin's
packages for numpy, R, octave, etc.
R uses it own blas+lapack so no improvement on that side.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple