This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- From: Don MacDougall <dmacdoug at usc dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:06:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OFA2E38712 dot 9EC3C033-ON80257A63 dot 0036C097-80257A63 dot 0037387A at LocalDomain> <1405864858950-109904 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <53CBFFD1 dot 4030808 at cornell dot edu> <1413844739487-112040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5445C04A dot 3000407 at cornell dot edu>
> I don't know what happened, but you must have inadvertently selected
> some packages to install that you didn't intend to choose. There are no
> texlive packages in a default installation.
If I somehow did something like this, is there an easy way to undo it other
than to delete everything and start over? Since I've already downloaded
everything I've no objection to having it install, especially since the
install says it's 99% complete, but this one package seems to hold
everything up and when I try to install everything else while uninstalling
this one package, the installer still stalls at the same postinstall script.
Might I presume that it can't uninstall till it first completes the install?
If that's the case, then I suppose I'll just leave it set to install and let
it run for 3 or 4 days in the hope it'll eventually complete. Most of the
other postinstall scripts and the whole rest of the install process ran in
no more than a few hours.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Setup-2-774-texlive-postinstall-takes-10-hours-resending-due-to-cygwin-bounce-tp92260p112047.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple