This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:26:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OFA2E38712 dot 9EC3C033-ON80257A63 dot 0036C097-80257A63 dot 0037387A at LocalDomain> <1405864858950-109904 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <53CBFFD1 dot 4030808 at cornell dot edu> <1413844739487-112040 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5445C04A dot 3000407 at cornell dot edu>
On 10/20/2014 10:09 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 10/20/2014 6:38 PM, Don MacDougall wrote:
I downloaded Setup.exe version 2.850 (32 bit) on Oct 18, 2014 and used
install cygwin from scratch on an Asus Eee notebook with Atom N455
tried to install only the default packages but it seems like that took
8 hours to download overnight. The install went okay until it came to
/etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh which seemed to hang for at
least 12 hours. Thinking it was hung I canceled the install, but then I
found this longish thread going back several years, so I restarted the
install and let it run for at least 24 hours and see no more
sits the whole time on this script. The "Total:" line shows 99% done and
the "Package:" line shows zero progress the whole time.
Is there a way to install Cygwin without installing this package, which
seems to have been included in the default selection?
I don't know what happened, but you must have inadvertently selected
some packages to install that you didn't intend to choose. There are no
texlive packages in a default installation.
Did you by any chance click on the word "Default" near the top of the
screen? If so, it would have changed to "Install", which means you've
chosen to install everything.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple