This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- From: Don MacDougall <dmacdoug at usc dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <OFA2E38712 dot 9EC3C033-ON80257A63 dot 0036C097-80257A63 dot 0037387A at LocalDomain> <1405864858950-109904 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <53CBFFD1 dot 4030808 at cornell dot edu>
I downloaded Setup.exe version 2.850 (32 bit) on Oct 18, 2014 and used it to
install cygwin from scratch on an Asus Eee notebook with Atom N455 cpu. I
tried to install only the default packages but it seems like that took about
8 hours to download overnight. The install went okay until it came to the
/etc/postinstall/texlive-collection-basic.sh which seemed to hang for at
least 12 hours. Thinking it was hung I canceled the install, but then I
found this longish thread going back several years, so I restarted the
install and let it run for at least 24 hours and see no more happening. It
sits the whole time on this script. The "Total:" line shows 99% done and
the "Package:" line shows zero progress the whole time.
Is there a way to install Cygwin without installing this package, which
seems to have been included in the default selection?
Now that I seem to have it included can I take it out without breaking
something that is too important to do without? When I restarted the install
everything said "default" and I didn't change anything.
Since it doesn't ever finish I don't see any log file, or indeed, ever a log
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Setup-2-774-texlive-postinstall-takes-10-hours-resending-due-to-cygwin-bounce-tp92260p112040.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple