This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl -d causes completion to fail
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:04:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: perl -d causes completion to fail
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m1kb7c$rko$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20141015184735 dot GE9828 at dinwoodie dot org> <m1mp2b$l79$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <m1mr9b$gjg$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20141020112344 dot GF9828 at dinwoodie dot org>
On 10/20/2014 4:23 AM, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 03:08:42PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 10/15/2014 2:30 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
ls: cannot access /etc/bash_completion.d/perl: No such file or directory
I think you mean /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/perl... I
think the problem is that it's parsing the next token after -d and
-dt looking for :debugger and never things that maybe there's no
debugger name (see perldoc perldebug).
Whatever you're using doesn't seem to be the Cygwin bash-completion
package. Both x86 and x86_64 install /etc/bash_completion.d/perl:
Before we go any further with anything else, I think your next step
should probably be to install the Cygwin bash-completion package and
check what the behaviour is there.
I ran setup and I see a "Keep" for 2.1-1 of bash-completion. I believe
that means it's already installed.
$ ls /usr/share/bash_completion.d/perl
ls: cannot access /usr/share/bash_completion.d/perl: No such file or
$ ll /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/perl
-rw-r--r-- 1 adefaria Domain Users 3569 Feb 9 2014
$ cygcheck -f /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/perl
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple