This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: windows clipboard, getclip, putclip, clip, etc
- From: <sisyphus1 at optusnet dot com dot au>
- To: "ping song" <songpingemail at gmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:13:33 +1100
- Subject: Re: windows clipboard, getclip, putclip, clip, etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHyaFsVYddCAfQyi5jUYESQwTKgt4cEGZm7WNii=u-Psone0=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHyaFsU=J__hZwu5WTUPSbFDt6Da2bU-=kOYqPumYY6qG4pzLg at mail dot gmail dot com>
From: ping song
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: windows clipboard, getclip, putclip, clip, etc
I hope to send the text to a clipboard that I can just put in notepad with
a ctrl-v ....
If the text is in a file (on the Ubuntu machine), the following works fine
$ scp firstname.lastname@example.org:~/some.txt /dev/clipboard
Having run that, the contents of some.text are now on the clipboard (with
line-endings properly processed) and can be transferred to a notepad file
Does that suit your needs ?
(I didn't know this would work ... I think it's something I'll utilise from
time to time :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple