This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP to Emacs users
- From: Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:52:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP to Emacs users
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54396A9E dot 3070907 at cornell dot edu> <543B9724 dot 7080600 at netfence dot it> <543BB97F dot 6000604 at cornell dot edu> <543C0459 dot 1030107 at netfence dot it> <543C1EB9 dot 1070506 at cornell dot edu>
On 10/13/14 20:49, Ken Brown wrote:
It wouldn't hurt to double check; you should have a line that says
"X11Forwarding yes" in /etc/sshd_config in the Cygwin installation.
I have this.
It looks like you don't have the cygserver service running. My
recollection is that you might need this for X11 forwarding of emacs to
Thanks, I had never heard about cygserver before.
After adding it, emacs seems to work fine.
bye & Thanks
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple