This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty: WINCH-signal to child
- From: Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at acslink dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 19:48:29 +1100
- Subject: Re: mintty: WINCH-signal to child
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <op dot xnx12ju9ofd6j1 at nebbiolo dot upc dot de>
On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 10:02:33PM +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> When I run for example an editor from a shell in a mintty-window and change
> the window-size the editor is informed by a WINCH-signal. That is good. But
> the shell it was started from does not know about the change, so after
> exiting the editor the shell uses the old size. Could mintty send a
> WINCH-signal to its direct child (-pgrp) perhaps?
> Of course for more complicated situations it could be difficult to inform
> all involved processes when not all have the same pgrp, but it would be
> better than nothing.
> Or do I miss something?
bash at least has "shopt -s checkwinsize" to achieve what you want,
Cheers ... Duncan.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple