This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mintty: WINCH-signal to child
- From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut dot karlowski at ish dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 22:02:33 +0100
- Subject: mintty: WINCH-signal to child
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
When I run for example an editor from a shell in a mintty-window and
change the window-size the editor is informed by a WINCH-signal. That is
good. But the shell it was started from does not know about the change, so
after exiting the editor the shell uses the old size. Could mintty send a
WINCH-signal to its direct child (-pgrp) perhaps?
Of course for more complicated situations it could be difficult to inform
all involved processes when not all have the same pgrp, but it would be
better than nothing.
Or do I miss something?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple