This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin clipboard flaky on Windows 7
- From: Doug Henderson <djndnbvg at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:15:18 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin clipboard flaky on Windows 7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E835603 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net> <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702E83568F at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 17 October 2014 09:05, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> I'll be more careful about clicking and post again if I can rule that out.
> --Ken Nellis
After a lot of grief with programs that either eat or ignore the click
that focuses the window, and thus may or may not change the selection
and insert point, I try to click on the window frame or use Alt-Tab or
Win-Tab. This usually does not change the selection and caret
locations in either window, so the windows behave more predicably,
regardless of what they do with the first click.
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple