This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: AVG detects malware in python2&3 setuptools gui.exe and gui-32.exe
- From: Andrew Hood <ajhood at fl dot net dot au>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 00:47:50 +1100
- Subject: Re: AVG detects malware in python2&3 setuptools gui.exe and gui-32.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Following up to https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-08/msg00204.html
having just joined this mailing list.
Cygwin32 all installed files current according to setup.ini with
AVG updated itself to 2015.0.5315 with virus db 4181/8400 today and a
full scan rejected gui.exe and gui-32.exe as EID_pe_iscorrupted
Both files reported to AVG as false positives.
-- There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish
sometimes. -- Dr. Who
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple