This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl -d causes completion to fail
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:30:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: perl -d causes completion to fail
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m1kb7c$rko$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20141015184735 dot GE9828 at dinwoodie dot org>
On 10/15/2014 11:47 AM, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 04:22:20PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Now I did some Bash completion stuff before so I'm familiar but
where would I find which completion thing causes this to work but
only if -d was not specified?
Specify some other Perl option (i.e. -v) and it WORKS!
To recap: perl -d mysc<tab> does NOT complete to perl -d myscript.pl
but perl -v mysc<tab> does! That's just odd!
This is all provided by the bash-completion package. You should be able
to download the source code using setup-*.exe as usual, or the specific
script you're after is /etc/bash_completion.d/perl.
The upstream release of bash-completion is v2.1; the official Cygwin
version seems to be based on v1.3, so it could be that this is resolved
in future releases.
Hmmm... seems my bash-completion and a few other things are old. Time to
update.... (should have checked this first - sorry).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple