This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: HEADSUP to Emacs users
- From: Doug Lewan <dougl at shubertticketing dot com>
- To: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>, cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:21:45 +0000
- Subject: RE: HEADSUP to Emacs users
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54396A9E dot 3070907 at cornell dot edu>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ... On
> Behalf Of Ken Brown
> Sent: Saturday, 2014 October 11 13:37
> To: cygwin
> Subject: HEADSUP to Emacs users
> In a continuing effort to track down the cause of the mysterious
> that some Emacs users have reported, I'm now wondering if these are
> caused by the stack being too small.
> If you have been experiencing crashes, please issue the following
> command (as administrator, while emacs is not running):
> peflags -x0x80000 /usr/bin/emacs-*.exe
> This increases the stack size to 8MB. And please let me know if you
> any improvement as a result.
Can that command be run harmlessly while emacs happens to be running?
(.bash_profile seems like a natural place to put it,
but that could be run a second time.)
peflags --help looks great but doesn't clearly answer that question.
Thank you, and please forgive my ignorance.
(201) 489-8600 ext 224 or ext 4335
"This is a slow pup," he said continuing his ascent.