This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin on WXP -- Installs but immediately fails on running ???
- From: John H. Lindsay <jlindsay at kingston dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 00:05:25 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Cygwin on WXP -- Installs but immediately fails on running ???
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm trying to run Cygwin on WXP (I know, but my main OS is OS/2 / eCS 2.2B2,
and I don't need a Windows OS, except to help port some stuff to eCS).
Cygwin 1.7.32-1 apparently installs O.K. on WXP without any complaint from
the installer. But when I try to run it, it stops immediately, complaining
that it can't find a file utmp . I can't find it in the Cygwin
distribution, and google-type searches turn up nothing. From the sketchy
references that I have been able to find, it could be from Linux or UNIX,
but what is this file ? Where can I get a copy ? Is there a bypass to this
error condition ?
TIA for any information or help.
John H. Lindsay.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple