This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what path to use that is not DOS??
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 14:37:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: what path to use that is not DOS??
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <543596B3 dot 1020705 at tlinx dot org> <54359A6C dot 4030204 at redhat dot com>
Eric Blake wrote:
On 10/08/2014 01:55 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
I get this message the 1st time logging in via 'rlogin':
MS-DOS style path detected:
Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
Could any prefix of that path be a symlink with questionable contents?
Cygwin can't use any of the normal methods to find my home
and because USERNAME isn't set it tries 'USER'.
So for a mail-spool dir it looks for
The backslash is in the USER var.
I would say this is a result of logind corrupting
the environment and losing all of windows's expected environment.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple